Top Five (Modern) Male Celebrities Who Have Beaten their Wives or Girlfriends with Minimal Career Damage
by Ernest Hilbert on 15/06/10 at 9:17 am
5. Sean Connery: in an interview with Barbara Walters, Connery argued in favor of the necessity of hitting one’s wife in certain circumstances. There was a lot of controversy for a short while, but it has largely been forgotten. Walters got hate mail by fans worried the interview might ruin Connery’s chances of winning an Oscar that year for The Untouchables; he won the Oscar anyway.
4. O.J. Simpson: years before he was arrested for allegedly killing his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Ron Goldman, Simpson pled no-contest to a charge of spousal abuse. While “no contest” is not an admission of guilt (nor an assertion of innocence), it ain’t good. Small blip on the radar, didn’t affect his sponsorships and jobs.
3. Norman Mailer: Mailer stabbed Adele, one of his many wives. Caused some problems, but she lived and his career recovered.
2. Pablo Picasso: A “wife-beater” to some feminist critics.
1. Wesley Snipes: according to ex-girlfriend Halle Berry, he beat her so badly one time that she is now deaf in one ear. She never has publicly said that it was him, though, just that it was an ex. But we can tell from a basic chronological analysis that it was very likely Snipes.